Walkie-talkie mainly used in public security, civil aviation, transport, water conservancy, railways, manufacturing, construction and services industries for contact between members of the group and control to improve efficiency and enhance communication to deal with emergency cases rapid response capability. With the walkie-talkie into the civilian market, people travel, shopping is also the beginning of the increasing use of walkie-talkie.
Conventional walkie-talkie distance calls to open up to 8-10 km, up to 3-5 km in urban areas, where tall buildings or mountains to block, the call will be relatively short distance more. When support network of walkie-talkie to call up a few dozen kilometers away. Networking is the use of the Taiwan relay (also known as a transit base station or Taiwan), automatically receive from the launch walkie-talkie signals, and its forward and enlarge. Networking can expand the coverage of the walkie-talkie communications, extended distance calls, to open up to 10-20 kilometers (handheld walkie-talkie), or 30-50 kilometers (walkie-talkie on-board), the building can cover in the basement, underground parking Plant, a serious fire channels, such as shielding, usually referred to as dead.
- Airbags in a car, not on the walkie-talkie to start when the air bag may be involved. If the walkie-talkie at the start when the air bag may be involved in a regional context, once the balloon rapidly, with the walkie-talkie may be a great impact injuries to personnel inside the vehicle;
- A potentially explosive atmosphere of the occasion or the environment, unless a special walkie-talkie through the walkie-talkie-type explosion-proof certification, must be shut down or walkie-talkie. A potentially explosive atmosphere, lead to spark an explosion or fire;
- Not a potentially explosive atmosphere of the environment to replace batteries or rechargeable batteries. Installation and removal of the battery may cause contact and lead to spark an explosion;
- Detonators near the blasting area and the region before the closure of a walkie-talkie in order to avoid any possible explosion.
- Walkie-talkie long-term use, according to the health, control knob and the case could easily become dirty, removed from the control knob on the walkie-talkie, and neutral lotion (Do not use a strong corrosive chemical) and wet cleaning machines Shell. Such as the use of detergents, alcohol, oil or spray chemical agents such as walkie-talkie can cause damage to the surface and shell;
- Canal light light put a walkie-talkie, not hand-held mobile antenna walkie-talkie;
- Not to use headphones, such as attachment, covered with dust cover (if equipped).
- System parameters：
- Transmitter output power, the stronger the launch of the signal coverage of the greater distance communication is also much more. However, transmitting power cannot be too large, too large transmission power, the power not only affect the life of amplifier components, interference and strong impact on other people’s call effect, but also produce radioactive pollution. The management of radio communications equipment for the transmission power are clearly defined.
- Communication equipment to receive the higher the sensitivity, communication, the more distance away.
- Antenna gain antenna in the match with the machine, it is usually the case, a high antenna, or to receive more capable of launching. Handheld walkie-talkie antennas used for the general spiral antenna, the gain and bandwidth than other types of antennas to be small, more vulnerable to human impact.
- Environmental factors: environmental factors are the main path, the density of trees, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions and terrain, and other differences. These factors and other parameters of a direct impact on the field strength and signal coverage.
- Other factors:
- Less battery power when battery power is low, voice quality will deteriorate. Seriously, there will be noise, thereby affecting the normal call.
- Antenna matching, and machine-band antenna inconsistent band, the antenna impedance mismatch, it will seriously affect the distance calls. For users, in other words, when the antenna used to pay attention to tightening the antenna, and can not use non-manufacturers with the antenna can not be inconsistent with the use of machine-frequency antenna points.
First, please verify that the channel frequency and the CTCSS you are using are the same as those of your group members. If the channel frequency and the CTCSS are the same, please verify that your group members are within the radio coverage.
Please change your CTCSS for the channel. At the same time, you also need to the CTCSS for all the radios in your group. If you don’t like this, you may apply another channel frequency
This happens because when the radio is programmed, the channel is not included into the scan list. Or the whole channel scan function is not turned on for the radio. Please turn to a professional engineer to troubleshoot this problem.
Please replace your old battery with a new one when the battery life cycle is over, so that you can get the best performance from your radios. For a Ni-MH battery, it is designed to 500 standard recharge & discharge cycles; for a Li-ion, 1000 standard cycles.
This happens because the radio is wrongly programmed. This noise is an indication that the channel frequency programmed is out of the frequency range supported by this radio. Please check your setting or turn to a professional engineer for help.
The socket inside the radio has been damaged. Please return the radio to your Hytera authorized dealer for maintenance.
Please check the antenna and make sure it is a good one. Also please check the antenna socket is not damaged or loosened. If so, please return the radio to your Hytera authorized dealer for maintenance.
Firstly, set the two radios in the same frequency, secondly, set the same CDCSS/CTCSS, and then they can talk each other.
No. Short antenna has convenient-design, and easy to carry. Long antenna covers wider communication range. So the choice all depends on the environment and personal favorite.
Please check whether the MIC is blocked by something. If so, Please return the radio to your Hytera authorized dealer for maintenance.
Please check the battery contacts on the radio. If it is broken or twisted, please return the radio to your Hytera authorized dealer for maintenance.
Take the radio out of water as quick as possible and remove the battery as quick as possible. Swing the water out of radio and put the radio at the place where the ventilation is good so that the radio be dried quickly. At last but not least, return the radio to your Hytera authorized dealer for maintenance as early as possible.